Alpha Insurance A/S Customers
Please note, this page only applies to you if you have a policy which is underwritten by Alpha Insurance A/S, if you have a policy with another one of our insurance partners, then you can continue to use it as normal.
If you're not sure, you can check who underwrites your policy by looking at the "We/Us/Our" definition in your policy document.
Friday, May 18th 2018. 3pm
We are in contact with the FSCS in respect of both being able to settle claims at the earliest opportunity, and establish continuation of cover for all policy holders. These discussions are on-going and as soon as we can we will update this page further.
In the meantime, the FSCS has posted an update confirming that they expect most customers who hold policies with Alpha Insurance A/S to be covered under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme if they have a claim, or are entitled to a return of part of the premium that they paid for their policy.
They go on to say that the are working closely with the Danish Guarantee Fund to agree how claims and cancellations can be processed as quickly as possible for UK policy holders.
Monday, May 14th 2018. 2:08pm - Update for policy holders who have claims pending.
We understand that you may be concerned about the status of your claim, so we want to provide you with a reassuring update.
What is happening now?
- The Danish Guarantee Fund (The Danish equivalent of the FSCS in the UK) provide cover for 100% of authorised claims.
- We have written to the Danish Guarantee Fund over the weekend with proposals that we handle all submissions for claim payments on behalf of our policy holders and are waiting to hear back from them. Subject to them accepting our proposal, this will make the process of getting claims paid as hassle free as possible for you.
- As the proposal is now with the Danish Guarantee Fund, we can't provide an indication of time, but we will update as soon as possible.
- Regular updates on the situation will continue to be provided here, and we are advising all customers to check regularly.
Naturally, we are experiencing high call volumes at this time, we would respectfully ask that you do not call us, but instead keep checking here, or wait for us to contact you with more information.
Many thanks for your continued patience.
Saturday, May 12th 2018. 5:26pm
We have written to the Danish Guarantee Fund with proposals that we handle all submissions for claim payments on behalf of our policy holders. It is much simpler for us to do this, than to ask our policy holders to contact them individually. We will update this page with the outcome of our proposal as soon as we have one.
Friday, May 11th 2018.
We have, today, written to the FSCS with proposals to put in place replacement cover for all policy holders affected by the bankruptcy of Alpha Insurance A/S/ The FSCS have advised us to contact the Danish Guarantee Fund to follow up. We will do this over the weekend.
Additionally, the Danish website that declared the bankruptcy of Alpha has made some small changes to the FAQ's. This was initially updated on the 10th of May. See the link to both the declaration and a further Q and A page
Thursday, May 10th 2018. 11:14 am
Further to the announcement of the bankruptcy of Alpha Insurance A/S, we are working to ensure that all claims against Alpha policies can be paid as soon as possible.
If you have a new claim, please contact us as normal and we will take you through the claims process.
We are advising all customers that claims are covered under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), and once we have a solution in place to make payment, we will do so as quickly as we can.
We are currently working with the industry's regulatory bodies to confirm coverage and will update on this topic in due course.
We have updated this page with an FAQ, below. (May 10th 2018, 4:50 pm)
Tuesday, May 8th 2018. 4:49 pm
The trustees of the bankruptcy estate have today written to us to advise that Alpha Insurance A/S, as of 8th May 2018, have been declared bankrupt.
Consequently, we cannot make any claim or refund payments with immediate effect.
If you are a policy holder who is currently claiming through and Alpha Insurance A/S policy then we will be in contact with you directly to advise what to do next.
ALL POLICIES ARE COVERED BY THE FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPENSATION SCHEME (FSCS)
Please keep checking back on this FAQ - We will update it with more information as and when it becomes available to us.
If you would like to make a claim under your Alpha Insurance Policy:
- We can log your claim and take you through the normal Claims process, however, we are currently unable to make any claim payments for Alpha Policies nor instruct any repairers.
- If you are a retail / private consumer, your Alpha policy is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme and the Danish Guarantee Fund (as Alpha are a Danish Company), so the Danish Guarantee Fund will cover 100% of your Claim costs, providing your Claim has been authorised by a Claims Assessor. If you are a small business, this will differ, but we will provide advice in due course.
- We are working on the best procedure for progressing claims and making payments and we will update the website as soon as we have any more information.
If you have already cancelled your policy
- If you have already cancelled your policy and are awaiting a refund of premium, we regret to inform you that we are unable to make any payments on behalf of Alpha Insurance at the moment.
- If you are a retail / private consumer, your Alpha policy is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme and the Danish Guarantee Fund (as Alpha are a Danish Company), so the Danish Guarantee Fund will cover a portion of your premium refund cost.
- If you are a small business, this will differ, but we will provide advice in due course.
- We are working on the best procedure for progressing these payments and we will update the website as soon as we have any more information.
If you wish to cancel your policy:
- Single Premium Customers: We are unable to cancel your policy nor issue a refund. We will log that you have requested to cancel and as soon as we have any more information on how we can proceed, we will contact you to advise and your cancellation will be backdated to the date of request.
- Direct Debit Customers: We can still cancel your policy, but if you were due any refund we can’t process this at this point. However, when we cancel your direct debit policy, it will stop the collection of payments from your bank account.
If you have a currently ongoing/outstanding claim
- We are currently unable to make any claim payments for Alpha Policies nor instruct any repairers.
- Alpha policies are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme and the Danish Guarantee Fund (as Alpha are a Danish Underwriter).
- Working in partnership with the FSCS, we have had confirmation that the Danish Guarantee Fund will cover 100% of your claim, if you are a private consumer/retail customer, however, we are working through the procedure for this and will advise you as soon as possible. - Please see update on the 14th May, 2:08pm
- For small businesses, the procedure will differ, and we will advise in due course.
- We will contact you as soon as we have further details, but at this point, your claim will be held as pending and we are unable to progress it further.
We’re sorry for the inconvenience but please be assured that we will contact you as soon as we can with further instructions.
Policy Administration/Other enquiries
We are unable to reinstate cancelled policies at this time. We will update this advice as soon as we have further information.
- Please be aware that we cannot reinstate any policy after 30 days from the original cancellation date.
- If you'd like to make a change to your policy, we are able to facilitate this, please email email@example.com, or navigate to our Contact Us page.
- If your question is not covered in this FAQ then please email our support department on firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, we're unable to provide any additional information at this this time, so please don't call our customer services team with additional queries as they will be unable to advise you further. This is an evolving situation, but rest assured that we're doing everything we can. As soon as we have any new information we will publish it here, so please keep checking back for updates.
FAQ last updated May 14th, 2018, 2:08 pm